Our Lady of Fatima Parish School serves the local community because of the parish. Our school does not discriminate and will do all it can to meet each student’s needs within reason. The pastor has the final decision making authority as to admissions.
Students will be admitted to Our Lady of Fatima Parish School in the following order of preference:
- Catholic students whose parents are registered, active, contributing members of the parish, regularly participate in weekend and special Liturgies at Our Lady of Fatima Church, and presently have other children enrolled will be given first preference in the admission of Catholic kindergarten applicants.
- Secondly, consideration will be given to Catholic families who are registered and contributing members of Our Lady of Fatima parish based on their number of years of membership.
- Third preference for admission will be given to Catholic families who have been registered and contributing members of Our Lady of Fatima Parish for at least one year and are now registered at the parish.
- Fourth, siblings of currently enrolled non-Catholic students will be considered.
- Fifth, Catholic families from another Catholic parish will be considered.
- Sixth, preference for admission to the school will be given to non-Catholic applicants.
- In the event that the number of parishioner students for admission to a particular class exceeds the maximum allowed by the WV Department of Education, applicants will be ranked on the longevity of parish membership indicated in parish records.
- In the event there are two classrooms in one grade level, the school cannot accept parent requests. The school will arrange classes to accommodate the best possible learning environment for all students.
Requirements for Admission:
- Certified copy of child’s birth certificate
- Immunization records indicating the required vaccinations were received
- Baptismal certificates for all Catholic students
- Kindergarten students must complete the physical exam form
- TB Test for all students moving into West Virginia
All students transferring to Our Lady of Fatima Parish School after their kindergarten year must provide report cards and standardized testing records from their previous school. All transfer students are subject to interview and pre-admission testing. We must be informed of all behavior or discipline problems the student may have had in the previous school. Any testing for attention deficit or learning difficulties (including IEP’s) must be brought to the school’s attention upon transfer. Families who do not provide this information may be denied continued admission to the school. All students transferring into Our Lady of Fatima Parish School are admitted on probation for nine (9) weeks. At the end of the nine-week period, parents, teachers, and principal may meet to determine the progress and continuation of the transferring student.
Once a class is full, students will be placed on a waiting list according to admission policies stated in this handbook and the date the application was received.