Our Lady of Fatima Parish was officially established on October 22, 1952, when a Decree of Erection was issued by Archbishop Swint. Formed from the mother parish of Saint Josephs, Our Lady of Fatima embraced the southeast section of Huntington and adjacent parts of Cabell County. The First Mass was celebrated on December 2nd, 1951.
In 1952, steps were taken to provide a grade school. Building plans were approved on March 19, 1953. Groundbreaking took place on September 4, 1953 and the new school was dedicated on Sunday, September 5, 1954. The first school year opened on September 7th with six grades and 90 students. The school was placed under the direction of the Pallottine Missionary Sisters whose mother house was located in Huntington at that time.
Our Lady of Fatima Parish School continues to provide a high quality education to the young people of the tri-state community. Our success has been built on a rigorous academic program, active spiritual formation, and a commitment to the virtue of stewardship. As a result, our alumni have gone on to successful lives in high school, college, and beyond, bearing witness to our distinctive tradition of excellence.